EP24 – The Million Dollar Freelancer with Daniel Hall
Crazy Business Stories & Over $1million as a PPC Freelancer!
Welcome to the Digital Nomad Cafe Podcast, todays guest is Daniel Hall from http://danielhall.tech/about/
Working with brands such as Toys R US & Rentokil on their PPC, Daniel has been consistently ranked first in the world on Upwork for Pay Per Click / PPC whilst working as a freelancer. He literally wrote the book on how to make money as a freelancer! See it here https://amzn.to/31PnRqd
Tune in to hear the ups and downs of working online on job sites like PeoplePerHour & Upwork as well as why working with agencies can be a great way to get recurring work or turn into an absolute disaster! This episode has a ton of interesting stories that every freelancer should hear.
- 0:53 – Intro to Danie
- 1:44 – Why Daniel decided to work Online
- 7:53 – How to stand out on Upwork in the beginning when your profile is not built up
- 13:30 – Become comfortable challenging clients! Daniel tells a story of an upwork customer who wouldn’t take his advice and then spent $17k on PPC with Zero sales with other freelancers.
- 15:15 – Only take on jobs you know you can perform on!
- 15:40 – Daniel won’t do phone-calls! Find out why… It’s a really interesting
- 18:35 – Managing PPC for Toys R’Us in Australia & New Zealand
- 20:45 – How Daniel charges for his PPC based on revenue spent
- 21:05 – White-labeling your services for agencies & the benefits of working with agencies as a freelancer
- 27:25 – Upwork Rankings – how does it work? Getting back into it after taking a break.
- 33:00 – Disconnecting – Why it’s so important to set filters for your own mental health
- 38:00 – Having small clients vs large clients. Which is better?
- 39:30 – Negatives of working with agencies as a freelancer.
- 45:55 – Should you work with agencies or work with clients directly?
- 47:00 – Choosing your battles!
- 49:30 – Getting back into sales mode!