Going From A $5 Freelancer to Running A Successful Local SEO Agency – Tips from Jarod Spiewak
Todays guest is Jarod Spiewak from https://teambluedog.com/
Jarod comes from Manchester, New Hampshire – (1 hour north of Boston) and began his SEO career as a $5 per hour freelancer ay 14 years of age! He now runs a successful Local SEO agency, specialising in Law Firms as well as running affiliate websites which he blogs about over at https://jarodspiewak.com/ .
Jarod is an active participant in a number of SEO groups and stood out to me as a great guest for the show as his journey is unique but also shows dedication and hard work pays off when you are consistent
Topics we discuss:
- 1:02 – About Jarod
- 4:20 – Getting his first clients
- 8:30 – Getting started on Upwork & Local Networking
- 13:00 – Working multiple jobs while getting started!
- 17:50 – Becoming an overnight success… take a long time!
- 20:00 – Consistent action will create opportunities for success
- 21:00 – Growing pains – Transitioning from freelancer mindset to agency mindset
- 28:05 What drives the most business for Jaord now? Upwork drives most leads
- 31:45 – Agency immersion course – Daryll Rosser
- 38:00 Tips for those who want to be a freelancer or start a digital nomad career
- 44:00 Who Jarod works with for Local SEO clients