Are you a digital nomad looking to learn new skills and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in your field? Skillshare is an online learning platform that offers courses and tutorials on everything from web development and design to photography and business.
In this article, we’ll look at what makes Skillshare unique and why it might fit your learning needs ideally. We will explore their course catalog, pricing structure, and more so that you can decide if Skillshare is right for you.
🤔 What Is Skillshare?
Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes for creative and curious individuals, covering topics such as illustration, design, photography, freelancing, and more. On Skillshare, you’ll find classes and teachers in the top creative fields offering practical guidance and inspiration to help you advance your creative career.
💰 How Much Is Skillshare?
Skillshare has a straightforward pricing structure, with all plans being subscription-based. Its premium plan for individual learners offers access to its 35,000+ classes, which you can watch at your convenience. If you are part of a team or business, the team plan is available.
✅ Skillshare Premium
Skillshare Premium which is geared towards individual learners is priced at $167.88 annually. The fee is $13.99 per month.
A Skillshare Premium membership includes:
- Unlimited access to 35K+ classes
- Offline Viewing
- Access to a vibrant community
✅ Skillshare Teams
Skillshare for Teams is designed to support your team’s or company’s skill development, whether you’re looking to focus on creative learning, hone your team’s abilities, or build business skills. The Skillshare for Teams is billed annually per user and there is no monthly option. The memberships are designed to provide flexibility for your organization.
- The annual fee for Skillshare teams is $159 per user.
✅ Skillshare Scholarships
Scholarships are available through Skillshare for college and university students, as well as furloughed workers in the UK.
🤓 Best Classes For Digital Nomads
YouTube Success: Build an Authentic Channel That’s Worth the Follow
Join YouTube star Sorelle Amore to discover how you can build a devoted online following of a million or more!
When it comes to YouTube, Sorelle Amore is an expert. After she began posting travel videos on Iceland to her YouTube channel a few years ago, she methodically built up her following to the well-known travel and lifestyle channel it is today. Along the way, she discovered how to create content that truly connects with potential followers online and created a community that has stuck with her through thick and thin. Now, she’s sharing her favorite tips and techniques for building up a devoted online following using examples from her own past content and other creators she loves.
In her signature conversational and authentic style, Sorelle shares how to:
- Figure out what you bring to the table online
- Find your topic niche—and evolve it over time
- Prioritize authenticity over beauty to gain truly connected followers
- Create a posting schedule to get the most eyes on your work
Whether you’ve always dreamed of becoming a YouTube star and haven’t known where to start or have had an active YouTube channel for years, Sorelle’s authenticity-focused approach will help you unlock a whole new way of looking at community-building online.
After taking this class, you’ll be empowered to be your true self on-camera, share authentically with your followers, and build a large following that can’t get enough of the real you.
Graphic Design Basics: Core Principles for Visual Design
Great graphic design comes from understanding just a few basic principles.
Cracking the code to great design is much easier with a solid foundation of core principles. Join designers Ellen Lupton and Jennifer Cole Phillips for an essential, 35-minute class as they walk through 5 basic principles of graphic design, perfect for use in all projects using images and type — creative design, marketing materials, and even photography!
The lessons include both examples and demonstration, giving you a foundation to create inspired, functional design. You’ll learn to:
- Identify and define 5 basic design principles
- Critique your work for effectiveness and balance
- Apply each core concept in future projects
Ellen and Jennifer are co-directors of the Graphic Design MFA Program at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA). This class is directly inspired by their popular textbook, now in its second edition: Graphic Design: The New Basics, available online as well as through Princeton Architectural Press.
Whether you’re new to these principles or are looking for a refresher, you’ll gain a solid understanding of the visual language that fuels all great design.
What You’ll Learn
- Introduction. Ellen Lupton and Jennifer Cole Phillips will lay out the 5 basic principles of graphic design — symmetry, scale, framing, hierarchy, and grids — and preview what you’ll learn in the rest of their design course.
- Symmetry vs. asymmetry. Ellen will expound on her love for symmetry in design, and Jennifer will talk about her passion for asymmetry. You’ll learn how both should employ balance and can be dynamic, especially with the introduction of contrasting colors, shapes, and patterns.
- Scale. Scale is about size, but more than that, it’s about relationships. Ellen and Jennifer will explain how these relationships can tell a visual story by creating tension and energy on (and with) the page. You’ll discover how to surprise an audience using scale by playing with their expectations, and you’ll learn how scale can take on an especially important role in business logo design.
- Framing. “Every time you change the cropping in Instagram, you’re framing,” Ellen says, and it’s true — framing is something you already do all the time. In this lesson, you’ll learn how prevalent framing is in the design process and get introduced to the 3 main types of framing: margins, bleeds, and partial bleeds.
- Hierarchy. The keys to hierarchy are separation and difference. You’ll see how to use the two to order information and direct readers across a text — important lessons to keep in mind when creating logos. Ellen and Jennifer will go over an exercise in which you’ll apply hierarchy to a plain block of text, and you’ll learn the usefulness of color when it comes to textual hierarchy.
- Grids. A grid is a powerful tool for bringing structure and efficiency to your page design. In exploring different grids, you’ll learn the difference between margins and gutters, how blank space doesn’t have to feel like empty space, and how to make a basic grid in Adobe InDesign. You’ll also examine the difference between web and print grids.
- Demo: Bringing it all together. In this exercise, you’ll start by choosing 3 to 6 photographs and 1 to 2 typefaces. These will be the basic elements you’ll incorporate into your page layout design. You’ll learn how to create guides in InDesign and use pencil-drawn thumbnails as “mini blueprints” for your design. You’ll then watch as Jennifer defines typographic hierarchy, plays with scale, and anchors text to images.
- Conclusion. Ultimately, you’ll find that you can design icons, magazines, web pages, and even wedding scrapbooks using the 5 basic graphic design principles Ellen and Jennifer discuss in their class. Beyond the 5 basic principles, students can take their knowledge further by exploring advanced graphic design essentials like layers, transparency, time and motion, and gestalt psychology. The key takeaway from this course? Graphic design is all about relationships — the relationships between one design element and another, that element and the page, and that element and yourself.
Coding for Beginners 1: You Can Code!
This course is perfect for students who are thinking about learning a specific coding language but don’t want to get dropped in at the deep end. Coding for Beginners has been specifically designed as a generic, foundation-level course, to introduce you to many of the common coding concepts that you’ll go on to use in whichever programming language you choose to learn next – giving you a real head start before you start mastering a dedicated language, and it’s syntax.
With over 30 lectures and more than 7 hours of video, this comprehensive course will teach you the very basics of computer coding, also called programming, from the ground up. Starting with foundation-level theory, and moving into pseudo coding, and practical exercises – Coding for Beginners includes video lectures, screencasts, tests, assignments, and a beginner-level project – building a simple app in both Scratch and Python.
Get ready to learn:
- Coding is something we already do every day!
- Coding in programming languages is something you CAN achieve
- If you can read and write, you can code!
They’ll answer questions like:
- What is code, and why do we need it?
- Why are there so many coding languages?
- What’s the difference between coding and programming?
- What’s the difference between front-end and back-end coding?
- Is coding a science or an art?
And they’ll introduce you to common coding concepts like:
- How code runs
- Pseudo code
- Common data types
- Arithmetic & operators
- Control flow
- Storing data
Get ready to code your first app!
- Plan the app in pseudo-code
- Code a proof of concept in Scratch!
- Code a Minimum Viable Product in Python
- They’ll help you get set up in both Scratch and Python for the first time, and help you every step of the way. By the end of the course, you’ll be confident enough to keep coding in Scratch and Python on your own
- As you transition from Scratch into Python, they’ll help you to see that moving from a highly visual coding language (perfect to get started), into a much more powerful text-based language
Social Media Marketing: Top Tips for Growing Your Followers & Going Viral
Want to learn top strategies for using social media to grow your followers and cultivate a strong brand? If so, this class is for you!
By leveraging social media in the right ways, you can reach new audiences, grow your following, and reach massive success. Get more followers, likes, shares, comments, retweets… the works.
Whether you’re starting a side-hustle or growing an already-established brand, social media marketing is vital for success.
You’ll learn essential tips to:
- Grow your followers
- Craft the perfect bio
- Choose which platform is best for YOU
- Boost your engagement
- Write the perfect post
- Hashtag Dos and Don’ts
- Decode your analytics
- Best apps for editing images
Real Productivity: How to Build Habits That Last
Build habits that will last you through 2023 and beyond!
Join Thomas Frank, productivity expert, author, and YouTuber, in this comprehensive class that will help you build sustainable habits without once feeling like a failure. Seriously! Through research, experience, and his own trial-and-error, Thomas has laid out the groundwork for lasting habits and is here to share his experience with you and get your Impossible List off on the right foot.
Building habits isn’t just about discipline; there are real-world steps you can take to set yourself up for success and keep yourself on track! In this highly entertaining step-by-step class, you’ll learn:
- How to set reasonable and realistic goals
- What to do to reach them
- How to handle failure without giving up
- Thomas’ favorite habit tracking and reflection systems
- A better understanding of habit formation, and how to take ownership of yours
Hit the ground running (for fifteen minutes at a time, at first) this year. No matter where you are in life, school, or your career, this class will provide you with the understanding and structure to go after your goals with gusto — and achieve them!
Communication Skills: Become More Clear, Concise, & Confident
This class helps leaders develop clear, concise, and confident communication skills. Each lesson is hands-on and looks at common but ineffective examples of communication and turns them into effective examples. You’ll learn how to develop that crisp and confident sound that sets great leaders apart.
The course is designed specifically for educated professionals who want to improve their communication skills so they can have more impact as team leaders and managers. The communication skills you’ll learn can be applied to one-on-one conversations, team meetings, and presentations.
Lessons in this class:
- 1. Welcome & Course Overview
- 2. Long-Windedness Problems
- 3. Concise Messages
- 4. Concise Sentences
- 5. Clear Points
- 6. Confident Pauses
- 7. Eliminating Fillers
- 8. Confident Nonverbal Communication
- 9. Next Steps
Fundamentals of Google Analytics
Learn how to get the most out of your website data with Google Analytics expert Jeff Sauer in this new, straightforward class.
From understanding user demographics to creating the perfect dashboard, every lesson is packed with actionable tips and tricks to help you articulate your goals, increase conversions, and use your website to improve your business. Key lessons include:
- Setting custom goals based on visitor behavior
- Using segments and content groups to understand your users
- Tracking campaigns and search terms for insight into traffic sources
After taking this class, you’ll be able to expertly navigate Google Analytics, ensuring you can understand your data, distill it into actionable insights, and vastly increase the effectiveness of your website.
👥 Who Is Skillshare For?
Individuals with a passion for creativity (creative workers (e.g. designers, chefs, artists, etc.), entrepreneurs (e.g. marketers or SEOs), freelancers, or small businesses who all want to take the next step in their creative journey) can access the resources offered by Skillshare to enhance their craftsmanship or expand upon their existing skill set.
👩🏫 Can Anyone Teach In Skillshare?
Yes! Skillshare teachers are everyday creatives and professionals who want to share their passion, and the skills and experience they’ve gained in their creative disciplines with a community of eager learners.
⚙️ How To Open A Skillshare Account?
Creating a Skillshare account is very easy, you only need to follow these steps:
- Visit Skillshare.com and click on ‘Sign in’ (top right corner) or ‘Sign up with Email’
- Or if you prefer you can continue with your: Facebook, Google, or Apple account
- You will then be directed to add your payment details
- Once completed just select Start your free month. It’s that easy!
✅ Related Content
✅ Affiliate Lab Review – 🏆 Legit or a Scam? 🤔
✅ The Authority Hacker Course Review – 🏆 Legit or scam 🤔
✅ Adam Enfroy Course Review – 🏆 Legit or scam 🤔
✍️ Final Words
Skillshare is an ideal platform for digital nomads to stay ahead of the curve and gain new skills that can help them succeed in their chosen fields. With its wide range of courses, tutorials, and resources, it’s easy to find something that fits your needs and interests. Plus, with a free one-month trial, you can try out Skillshare before committing to a paid plan. So if you’re a digital nomad looking to learn new skills and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in your field, give Skillshare a try today!