What is ShipBob?
ShipBob offers simple, fast, and affordable fulfillment for ecommerce businesses and crowdfunding campaigns. With a network of fulfillment centers across the US, ShipBob lets retailers split inventory across locations for faster and more affordable delivery. ShipBob’s software seamlessly integrates with the leading ecommerce platforms to automatically fulfill orders as they are placed online.
Designed to help companies build stronger relationships with their clients, ShipBob offers next-day and 2-day delivery options to brands who want to drive growth through excellent customer experience.
How Does ShipBob Work
ShipBob is a service that helps online businesses manage their orders, inventory, and customer communication at no cost. They also provide the back-end logistics needed for filling these empty slots efficiently while freeing up your time!
Its main advantage is that it’s situated in five of the largest regions of the United States: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, and New York. This close proximity to merchants and customers enables ShipBob to provide next- and 2-day delivery services just like Amazon but at an affordable cost for small businesses.
Below are some of the top features that ShipBob has to offer:
- Order Management
- Advanced Reporting
- Advanced Filters
- Inventory Management
- Returns Management
- Customer Support
- Lots of cost and location options to choose from, so your business can expand
- Fantastic way to go beyond things like eBay for online selling
- Excellent customer service compared to other fulfillment provider options
- Good shipping rates that are adjusted to your specific needs
- Some pages load slowly when you’re using the service
- You might have a hard time understanding the pricing structure at first
The pricing model for ShipBob is relatively transparent, with no hidden fees. For instance:
- Receiving: $25 for the first two hours, then $35 per man hour for every hour after that.
- Storage: A monthly charge of $40 per month per pallet, or $10 per shelf per month. You can also choose bin storage for $5 per bin per month.
- Pick and pack: This is included in the cost for the first five picks in an order, then it’s $0.20 for the sixth pick and beyond.
- Standard packing: This is included in the box for free plain boxes, tape, mailers, and dunnage. However, you may need to pay more for extra branding.
- Shipping: Specific to your order: This will vary depending on the weight of the product, the dimensions, shipping requirements and so on.
ShipBob is a fulfillment company that has it all–they own the entire stack (inventory management solution, warehouse management solution, and fulfillment centers), are cloud-based, easy to use, provide inventory alerts, returns processing and reports and analytics. This makes them the perfect choice for businesses of any size who want to take their ecommerce business to the next level.